Thursday 1 January 2015

Longing!

5.
Govind! The embodiment of bliss,
please visit me. 
O' willful rake, please come!
My friends laugh at me, you must
show me your glimpse.
I have adorned myself, but 
without you there is nothing but sadness.
Only one who's hurt knows the pain
For others it's jest.
The cuckoo on the mango tree
is singing sad songs.
I feel like renouncing all
and heading towards Kashi.
I wonder what that day 
would be like,
when I'll see my Lord !
O Meera's Lord! 
When will you come?
That night I'll sleep blissfully!














6.
How can I meet you, my Sanvra!
I got this human birth,
but without your devotion it's a waste.
Eight hours go in earning a living 
and the rest are lost by sleeping.
In this moonlit night, the stars are fading away, making the
night ever shorter!
If I'd known that Hari is coming,
I would've opened my doors.
I'll let my hair loose and let
them grow in knots
Meerabai's lord Giridhar Nagar
Your praises I'll sing at
every door.

 











7.
O mother! Hari doesn't care for me!
Why this life doesn't end!
He neither sees me nor talks to me !
How can I be happy like this?
Eons have gone by without 
talking to Him!
He comes only in my dreams
and when I wake up
He disappears!
This makes me cry.
I curse myself for not being awake.
I spend long, lonely nights
counting stars.
I wish to cut my throat 
as every moment
it seems that he is soon going 
to come, but does not!













Endless wait!!

8.
O' mother! My eyes have got this habit!
The day I don't see Shyam, 
That day seems too long!
His dark face is lodged in my mind
He doesn't leave my heart.
Meera is sold to her Hari 
All her worldly tasks are done!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment